Youhere.org: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Email us at email@example.com
. We read each email and will
write you back.
What is Youhere?
Youhere.org is attendance supercharged using mobile-phones.
- Each student uses their own mobile phone to self "check-in" to class.
- Youhere fully automates attendance, and eliminates "roll calling" entirely.
Attendance with a phone?
- Yes! Location abilities (GPS, etc.) on a student's phone are used to verify their presence in your classroom.
Does GPS attendance really work?
Yes. Think of the last time you used Google or Apple maps on your phone.
- Were you impressed with how it always seemed to know your location?
- Youhere uses the same location capabilities as these mapping apps.
- If in doubt, try it for yourself. Tell this map where you are, then "check in"
using the app as you move around. You'll see.
What if a student doesn't have a phone?
This is unusual, but some may forget theirs, or show up with dead batteries. We have two ways of handling this.
- A teacher can manually check-in a student using their online roster.
- A (printable) QR-coded roster can be created. With this, a teacher can use their own phone to check in a student.
Is Youhere free?
Yes and no.
- The website, that logs attendance and creates attendance reports for a teacher is free.
- The app costs $0.99 to download from the Apple App Store or Google Play. It is free to use forever after that.
- For anyone who regularly uses Youhere, we'd appreciate a $10 donation.
Who uses the website vs. the app?
- The website is for teachers (or group leaders), to set the geolocation and time(s) of their attendance needs. Attendance records are also compiled and available there.
- The app is what each student (or group participant) uses to check-in with their phone.
Who is using Youhere?
Youhere is mostly a classroom attendance system, but has found uses by:
- Music teachers, to be sure students are going to practice rooms.
- Coaches, to be sure athletes are going to the track/field.
- Fraternities and sororities, to be sure pledges make it to study time in the library.
- Leaders of after-school programs.
- Outdoor docents, rangers, and trail guides.
- Union activists at rallies and meetings.
About 15,000 people per month check in using Youhere, from all over the world. Here is a check-in snapshot from a recent Tuesday.