Marching band directors!
You want to take attendance, but don't have regular schedules and check-in times like a classroom teacher. You have multiple and ever-changing check-in locations and irregular check-in times. Rehearsal on the football field one day, then a half-time performance in another city the next.
We get it
and have a special attendance mode just for you: the Youhere Blend. It works like this.
1. Make a single roster
Make an account at Youhere, then make a single "blend" and give it some name. The blend will serve as a single umbrella check-in roster for all of your events. (Blend = a mixture of all of your check-in needs.)
As an example we'll name the blend my-band.
2. Tell your band to enroll
Have your entire band download our free app
and enroll in my-band
. This is a key organizational advantage to the Blend: all of your participants only need to enroll this one time for any future check-ins you may have.
3. Configure your check-in needs in real time
Now, go back to Youhere and create as many check-in events as you need. (These are just normal classes as in "Create a class" in the dropdown above.) Here's one on the home field for practice, called home-practice
And another at the "away" game next weekend, called away-game
You can add, remove, change check-in events in real-time
, all behind the scenes, without any mention to your participants. (They do not, for instance, enroll in these individual events; the blend handles this.)
4. Now what?
When your band members need to check-in, they use the App and select your single umbrella blend my-band
for check-in. When they do so,
your real-time, up-to-date list of events will be presented to them, like this:
And that's it. After selecting an event, they'll be checked in if their location and timing all meet the criteria you set for that event.
This real-time check-in list can be continually updated as your term progresses, all without any further communication with your participants. Your updates will simply appear in their App. There's nothing else they need to do past the original enroll in your blend call my-band
Old events can be removed, and new ones can always be added. Each
can also have its own 'visibility timer,' so you can plan for events to appear in the App well ahead of schedule. You can even isolate events to appear only during the actual check-in time.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Do a small trial, pretending you're are a member of your own band to try it all out. Here's how:
- 1. Make an account at Youhere.
- 2. Make a new blend as shown here.
- 3. Set up a couple of check-in events using this option in the same dropdown.
- 4. Next download and install our free app onto your phone, and enroll in a class with the name of your blend.
- 5. Go your admin page on Youhere, and click on the blend's name in your list of classes. You'll see your name in the list of enrollees.
- 6. Click the dropdown for each of your check-in events, and choose "Enroll all participants."
- 7. Go back to the App and tap "Check me in." Select your blend's name, and you'll see a list of your check-in events (i.e. classes) pop up. Tap one to check-in to it.